Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Amount of Sleep Required by the Average Person is 5 Minutes More...


I'm a sleeper...No doubt about it...Well, I guess I was a sleeper...Of course after having Brodie, my sleeping habits drastically changed...I remember when I used to come home from work to a quiet, empty house and take a little nap...Those were the days!....I'm really lucky with Brodie though...As I mentioned before, Brodie's a sleeper too...we were so lucky with him...after just a few months he was sleeping through the night...He's always been on a pretty rigid schedule (because I'm compulsive like that)...He would be in bed at 7pm and sleep until 6am/7am....I was so grateful for the extra time in the evening after he went to bed, but I hated getting up at 6 or 7...


I really tried not bitchin about it too much because I know there are mommas that have it much worse....At the beginning of this year I noticed that after Brodie woke up he wasn't making himself cry to get me to get him out of bed...I would wake up to hearing him roll around in bed or whispering...A MUCH nicer thing to wake up to for sure!...When this first started happening, I just laid in bed and listened to him...mostly out of curiosity...He seems so peaceful at these times in the morning...One morning, I physically had to wake him up at 10:15am...My husband was freaking out, of course (he's nervous about everything with Brodie)...He thought something was wrong...He's like the new mother who checks every 5 minutes to see if their baby is breathing...Only our baby is 3...You would have thought he'd grow out if that by now...lol...Anyway...Brodie's new sleeping habits have really made me start looking forward to the weekends...because if he's sleeping later and content to hang out in his bed for a little while after he wakes up...it's more sleeping time for Momma right?....Nope...


I bring you to this morning....I'm snoozin like nobody's business...Did I mention how much I like sleeping?...I'm then woken up to my husband turning me on my side to spoon...Really?!...
I know I shouldn't bitch...Lots of women would love to snuggle up with their husband...I am actually one of those women...I love to snuggle with him...however, I'm grumpy when I wake up...especially if I've been woken up...Then, I looked at the clock...it was 9:05am....No Freakin Way!...I got to sleep until after 9am!  Instead of being excited that I got to sleep past 9am...all my grumpiness would focus on was I wonder how late I could have slept.....


2 comments:

  1. I hate being woke up too. I'm one of those people that HATE my alarm clock yet I will hit the snooze a good 4 or 5 times for my "just 5 more minutes".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a compulsive snooze hitter too...I don't see how it doesn't drive my husband CRAZY!...lol...Here's to hoping this week I don't hit the snooze so much!

    ReplyDelete