Monday, April 25, 2011

Identity Crisis...

Yep, I did it...I changed it again!....My layout that is...lol...I keep wrestling with the idea of paying someone to design something for me because I'm so jealous when I visit all these other blogs with their cute layouts...I never knew in all my life I would actually want an animated version of myself...Is that vain?...lol...I was so excited when I finally tweeked the last black & red layout to my liking...Then, as I was browsing random blogs, as I often do...Guess what I come across?...The. Same. Damn. Layout....


I don't know why I was shocked...It's a free template online...Anyone can download it just as I did...duh....lol...Want to know the worst part?...It was a good blog...I wanted to follow her, but hello...I couldn't follow a blog that looked almost exactly like mine...I know, That's Stupid...lol...Anyway, I'm really liking this new one...Please bear with me until I find my blogs identity...Who knows what it'll look like the next time you visit!...lol..

7 comments:

  1. i went through the same thing so i taught myself how Photoshop and i scour the internet for pieces of CSS that i can use.

    good luck with the hunt; it's immensely satisfying when you do find a layout you're happy with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way! I feel like I am always changing something, like I have blog OCD...I'm glad I'm not alone! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so get it! I had a blog identity, then I paid a designer to redo my blog, but it never felt like me. Then I paid another designer to bring back my princess on the pedestal.
    Just keep checking things out, you'll find the perfect look for you.
    I had to laugh at your comment about wanting an animated version of yourself! Who knew right, that as grown women we'd become obsessed with our cartoon selves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally get it too. Like Sandra, I had to just pay someone to do it (thankfully, she's a personal friend and it was cheapish) because it made me crazy to see other people with the same design.

    Blog design is like picking out a cute outfit. Sometimes it takes time to figure out what looks best on us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this! You know what's funny is that today I saw some fabric that looked similar to this and I kept thinking how cute it is. I want to go back and make a cute dress now LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You change your backgrounds like you change your underwear. Ok...maybe you change your drawers more. lol I like your new polka dots though. It reminds me of a birthday cake my sister had a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do it all the time! Especially when I see blog with something cool on it...I jock their style in a way. lol

    ReplyDelete